5 Best Vacuum Cleaners for Home in India Reviews | Buy Vacuum Cleaner Online in India
Vacuum cleaning makes things easy for you as it allows you to clean your home including the sofa, carpet, floor, couches, and more. That too, without straining your body, simply buy the best vacuum cleaner in India.
You might not believe but the use of a vacuum cleaner is not restricted to cleaning debris and absorbing dust. But hey! Now it can also remove dirt and pet hair from the carpet, furniture, and upholsteries.
Therefore, now you can live a happy and clean life in paradise!
5 Best Vacuum Cleaners for Homes in India Reviews
|1. Philips PowerPro Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
– Best Overall & Top Rated
|2. AmazonBasics Vacuum Cleaner with Power Suction
– Best Budget (My personal favorite at a low cost)
|3. Karcher Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner
|4. AMERICAN MICRONIC – 1000W Vacuum Cleaner
|5. Eureka Forbes 1000-Watt Vacuum Cleaner
– Best Under 3,000 Rs
Further, let’s move to the 5 best vacuum cleaner in India, time to make your life easy and simple.
Here we go!
1. Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Vacuum Cleaner
Philips topped our list as it receives Gold Award in 2018. It is the best vacuum cleaner in India with higher suction and with PowerCyclone 5 technology. With that, it might not be pocket friendly but is certainly an ideal vacuum cleaner that you should buy.
It is not only stylish and has an elegant blue color with a cylindrical shape, but also it is so easy to take it anywhere in your home with the help of its big wheels.
If you look at the dust capacity of the vacuum cleaner, then it is 1.5 liter. On the other hand, its suction power is 370 watts, which makes it perfect to use in home and commercial.
Input Power: 1900 watts
Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
- For fast and deep cleaning, it has strong suction of 370W suction power
- It includes a turbo brush with a nozzle which enables you to clean the carpets, as well as you can remove pet’s hair and fluff
- Turbo brush allows you to clean the hair and dust by 25% more
- For hygienic emptying, it has an advance dust container
- Includes active lock couplings for unproblematic modification to the task
- Include a feature of automatic cord winding
Filters and Brushes:
The best part of using this best vacuum cleaner is that it has an EPA10 filter, that ensures healthy and clean air. But there comes a catch, no doubt it is effective but certainly is not good as HEPA filters.
If you want to look at the brushes, then here these are,
- Includes a soft brush which is always ready to use and is ideal to vacuuming, cleaning the furniture and interior of the car
- Another comes turbo brush, which is helpful when it comes to removing the dust, hair, dirt and more from the floor and other flat surfaces
Customer care services:
Customer care service is something that is considered important before buying any of the products. Here, if anything goes wrong with the product, you can visit any of the customer care centers of Philips or contact them directly from their official website.
Here, what you got,
- Main vacuum unit
- Multiple clean turbo nozzle
- A soft brush
- A turbo brush
- Warranty card
- Users manual
- Hygienic emptying
- Can be used in commercial and home
- Separate dust from the air with Power cyclone technology
- Has strong suction for fast and deep cleaning
- Includes a dustbin which minimizes the dust clouds
- Action radius is 9m that is good
- Could include a blower
- Attachments could be more
- Price is on the higher side but truly worth the money
- Customer service could be better
Here, comes the AmazonBasics vacuum cleaner which is by the way not at all basic. But I would term it as the best vacuum cleaner for home because of its sleek design and cylindrical shape, it not only allows you to take it anywhere. But you can also clean your stairs, floor, and upholstery.
Above all, it ensures less bill as it has an “A” energy feature. Most importantly, it includes a washable HEPA filter which keeps your home super clean and dust-free at a low price.
Well, the dust capacity of this filter is 1.5 liters and its suction power is 203W. Hey! It is time to clean the car, single or double bedroom, floor, and other circumscribed areas of your home.
Warranty: 2 years
- Carries the privilege of “A” when it comes to energy efficiency, enjoy fewer electricity bills and clean home
- It is the best vacuum cleaner for home as it again gets an “A” rating for cleaning the floor, further, for cleaning the carpet it gets “D” rating
- The best part of the vacuum cleaner for home is that it includes HEPA12 filter which captivates the 99.5% of the fine particulates. This, by the way, includes dust mites, pet dander, pollen, etc
- Above all, it lessens the operating cost of filter because it is washable
- Includes rewindable cord that set itself into the machine automatically
- Typically silent with 78 decibels, therefore, your kids can study, watch TV and sleep peacefully without disturbance
Filters and brushes:
The filter is quite effective as it is HEPA12 filter which traps 99.5% of dust, pet dander, pollen, and more to provide clean air. Additionally, this filter is considered effective than the one which earlier product includes, that too at less price.
If I talk about the brushes it contains these,
- Turbo brush which ensures eradicating the tough dust, debris and pet dander from the carpets, sofa and other alike places
- Next, it has a carpet or floor cleaning brush which is the biggest brush and you can effortlessly switch between the carpet and floor cleaning mode
- At last, comes, multi-purpose dusting brush which allows you to clean the car dashboard, racks and more
In case of any trouble with the vacuum cleaner, you can contact the authorities via this number 1800-419-0416 from Monday to Saturday between 9.30 am to 6 pm.
- The main unit
- A turbo brush
- A carpet brush
- A multi-purpose brush
- Two paper bags
- A fabric dust bag
- HEPA12 filter
- One crevice nozzle
- HEPA12 filter which ensures clean air
- Energy efficient
- Suction control
- Automatic rewindable cord
- Modifiable floorhead
- Less noisy
- Easy to assemble
- Not ideal for wet surfaces
- Could have a blower function
- Quality of accessories could be improved
- Suction power could be improved
- Customer service could be better
- The nozzle of dust bag could be big as it is tough to remove the dirt
At last, I would say, it is the best vacuum cleaner for home simply because at less price you are getting some of the amazing features like low noise, energy efficiency, and HEPA12 filter that ensure clean air and more.
If you can invest more than the previous product but less the Philips PowerPro, it is the best vacuum cleaner in India that you can buy. The best part is that simply by putting some money in it you are getting amazing features, one of them is that it cleans both, wet or dry surfaces.
With that, for the catch, you do not have to worry about the number of digits on your bill as it uses just 1,000W. You can afford it, isn’t it?
Are you ready to clean the garage, building, or commercial place by using this best vacuum cleaner under 10,000? Yes! You can clean it all as its capacity is 17 liters, which is more than AmazonBasics and Philips PowerPro.
Warranty: 1 Year on Product
- For cleaning of wet or dry surfaces, it has a cartridge filter
- Clip floor nozzle and mixed insert helps in picking the dirt easily
- Includes a pull and push locking system
- Clean the toughest places
- Encompass the slots for storage of accessories in the main unit
- It could be of lightweight, yet, you can take it anywhere with the help of wheels
Filters and brushes:
A cartridge filter is an ideal filter as it lessens the maintenance cost.
Here, what brushes and attachments it has,
- Includes Crevice nozzle which makes it easy to clean the tightest dirt
- Wet or dry nozzle picks up all the leaves, water, dirt, pebbles and more
You do not have to worry about the customer care service as you can reach them from Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, simply by calling 1800 1234 180.
What it has for you!
Apart from the main unit it includes,
- 2 extension pipes
- Cartridge filter
- A hosepipe
- Crevice nozzle
- A paper filter bag
- Effective suction and cleaning
- Energy efficient
- Washable cartridge filter
- Dust bag of 17 liters
- Capable to clean wet and dry surfaces
- Includes a blower function
- Nozzle directly attach to the suction
- Heats up
- Quality of dust bag could be improved
- Could have more attachments
- Length of cable could be more
- Service center’s quantity is less
Yes, with some money, you can avail of the perfect features like a blower, less consumption of electricity but if I have to compare it to the AmazonBasics then I would say it lack some of the features. Namely, these features are less noise and HEPA filters.
To be honest, you have to pay less money to buy the best vacuum cleaner in India. However, no doubt, it is perfect as it got varied certifications. Well if I have to mention some of them are, Certified Company by JAS-ANZ, Australia, and ISO 9001. And in 2015 it is certified by the IAF, USA-CE-certified, and compliant with standards of the European Economic Area.
Most importantly, it keeps your home clean and dust-free.
Capacity: It just has a dust capacity of 2 liters
Warranty: 2 years
- The powerful suction of 1,000W
- Has good customer care service
I can bet, you would certainly love the customer service as it provides free pick up and drops service for repairs under warranty and replacement. That too, all over India.
What it got for you!
- Main unit
- Crevice nozzle
- Extension tube
- Powerful suction
- Has a good capacity to hold dust
- Perfect customer care service
- Could be less noisy
- Length of extension tube cuddle be more
- Front latch cover could be improved
I believe according to the price you are paying, you can get a better deal even at a low price. Yes! I’m talking about the AmazonBasis, at less price it is offering,
- Energy efficiency
- Low noise
- HEPA12 filter
I agree, its dust storage capacity is low but other features make it the best vacuum cleaner for home.
Also check: 7 Best Air Conditioner in India
If you are looking for something trendy and stylish then Eureka is the best vacuum cleaner for home as its sole purpose is deep cleaning. With that, this canister model has several attachments that enable you to clean all the dirt, dust, and mites from all the homes.
Capacity: At the time of writing this post, they have not mentioned the capacity, if you find, please comment below and I’ll update it as soon as possible.
Warranty: 1 year
- Does not need product installation
- Has suction control
- Cord winder switch
- Dust bag full indicator
- Thermal overload cut out the product from overload damage
Filters and brushes:
- Crevice nozzle helps in cleaning the tough places
- Multiple brushes allow you to clean varied surfaces
- Floor cum carpet brush makes it ideal for floor and carpet cleaning
- Upholstery cleaner for cleaning sofas, beds, and cushions
For any query and issues, you can call 18602661177
- Main unit
- Floor and carpet brush
- Extension tubes
- Flexible hose pipe
- Floor and carpet brush
- Users manual
- Control over suction
- Easy to carry
- Automatic cord winder
- Ensure deep cleaning
- Heats up instantly
- Customer services could be improved
- Consumption of power is high
Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Whether you like to clean your home or not, it is an essential and unpreventable task. In short, you have to do, anyhow. Of course, no one wants to live at a place full of dust, pet’s hair, mites, etc.
Here, I would mention things you should take care of, before buying a vacuum cleaner for home. Also, I’m going to discuss types, and some other qualities you should consider while buying a vacuum cleaner. Let’s have a look:
1. Start with your home
As the vacuum cleaner is something you won’t buy every year because these are not affordable. Therefore, choose a durable vacuum cleaner that fulfills its purpose.
As you are going to clean your home, you need to check your home, here you do not have to measure the size of your home. But simply analyze the size of the room, floor surface, and the number of stairs you have.
Why it is important to consider these? Logically, it will lead you to the best vacuum cleaner for you. For instance, a large room needs an upright vacuum cleaner to clean each area. On the other hand, if your home has several floors then, to clean these you need a lightweight vacuum cleaner so that you can port the vacuum cleaner easily.
With that, the surface of the vacuum cleaner also determines which type of vacuum cleaner you would buy.
2. Need for buying a vacuum cleaner
Only considering the size of the room, the number of staircases, and floor surface, is not enough. Further, you have to see, why you need the vacuum cleaner? What is your personal need of buying a vacuum cleaner?
- If you vacuum often you should go for an upright or canister vacuum cleaner. However, if the area of a particular floor in your home gets debris marks, just go for a steam mop for deep cleaning. On the other hand, if you are a busy person and hardly get time to clean your home, you can buy a robotic vacuum cleaner.
- Allergies are very common nowadays, every second person is suffering from one thing or another. Therefore, consider what allergy you have, affect the choice of buying a vacuum cleaner. For instance, if you have issues like asthma, allergy from mites, pollen, dust, and other respiratory issues, you can buy a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. These filters trap 99.7% of the dust and allergens. AmazonBasics is the one from above all which has HEPA filter.
- No one love being annoyed with the noise while cleaning the home. Likewise, your neighbors do not want to hear irritating noise. If it happens to be that noise can easily reach your neighbors then buy a vacuum cleaner with less noise. To be specific, the noise between 60-65 dB consider quiet without compromising the cleaning.
- Do you have pets at home? A dog or a cat? Then your home must be full of pet dander and pet hair. Sometimes, you can also notice pet food around your home. For you, you can buy specially designed vacuum cleaners. These have the high suction power of 12Amp. Also, look forward to special brushes that will help you to remove the hairs from the carpets.
3. Bag or Bagless
Both has its benefits and shortcoming, lets have a look at both,
- Not much contact with dust and debris as you can simply through it away
- Less mess
- Does not need high maintenance
- Perfect for people with allergies
- You may need to buy bags
- Suction power reduces as the bag fills
- No hassle to buy bags
- Includes a HEPA filter that gives clean air
- Cost affection as no need to buy bags
- Enhance the exposure to allergies
- More indulge in the dirt
Though many people ignore it, let’s not make the mistake as you know that you have to pull and push the vacuum cleaner. Therefore, buy the vacuum cleaner with lightweight as it is easy to pull and push, it can be the weight of 2-3 kg.
Additionally, the lightest vacuum cleaner is a stick vacuum and handheld vacuum. If you look at the heaviest vacuum then it is an upright vacuum, as it has powerful motor and double motor. While the canister vacuum’s weight can be varied, some have a lightweight of 4kg and it could be 6-8 kgs. Altogether, it has an advantage that it has a long nozzle hose.
5. Corded or cordless vacuum
If you are looking for a vacuum that can work for a long time and is powerful then, you can go for the corded vacuum.
While if you are looking for something that you can use easily and is of lightweight unlike corded ones, then cordless vacuum should be your choice. Stick, upright and handheld are the models in which it is easily available.
Attachments play an important role in cleaning, a wide floor head can not reach the narrow and tight space. Here, attachments come into the role and help you clean the areas where it is tough to reach like under sofas bed, and more.
These name of these attachments are:
- Dusting brush- this will allow you to clean the shelves, furniture, table, and more.
- Turbo brush- for deep cleaning of big carpets.
- Crevices tool- this allow you to clean tough corners
- Upholstery tool- for vacuuming sofa, pillows, cushions, etc.
- Fine tooth comb or stiff brush- this will allow you to trap pet’s hair
7. Multiple Surface Cleaning
As the name suggests, if you have distinct types of floors and carpet in your home, you require something which can clean all the surfaces without damage. Hence, buy a cleaner which can do all the work for you. So, buy a cleaner which the switch of brush roll on or off.
Few More Things to Consider
- Height adjustment, generally, vacuum cleaners have manual and automatic adjustment
- Suction control is important as to clean varied surface we require a distinct suction level
- Cleaning reach or radius is the cleaning area, this contains the length of hose, floor headband, and the wand. This will allow you to clean the high ceiling and floor surfaces, etc
- Auto shut on or off feature when something sticks in the head of the vacuum, it turns off
- Ball technology allows the machines to evenly distribute the weight, this enhances the maneuverability and protects the counterparts of motor and motor itself
- Turbo brush is the best feature a vacuum cleaner if you have to clean the carpet as it ensures deep cleaning
- Dust bag indicator to inform you whether the bag is filled or not
- Edge cleaning cleans the other dust particles that are left in the vacuum otherwise
- Cyclonic action is the way to separate the large and small particles in the canister
- Ensure that your vacuum cleaner should have a warranty period of at least 1 year. A warranty covers all the damage happen to the vacuum cleaner during the warranty period
- Maintenance here means cleaning of the dust bag, filters, and brush
- Customer care services are also important to reach out to the company when needed
Types of Vacuum Cleaner
Finally comes the type of vacuum cleaner you need, according to the Consumer Report Organization you have these options,
1. Stick vacuum cleaner
The best part of having the stick vacuum cleaner is that it works on battery and is lightweight. No need to carry heavy weights while cleaning the floor or staircase.
- Have a tall body and handles, hence, no bending
- Mostly, run on batteries
- Easy to clean the mess due to its lightweight
- Mostly, it includes a HEPA filter, if you are allergic it is best
- Perfect for picking litter from the surface
- The capacity of the dust bin is less
- Generally, it is noisy
- Not perfect for cleaning large surface areas
- Not ideal for carpet cleaning
2. Canister vacuum cleaning
It is like a stick vacuum cleaner and a canister vacuum is the most common vacuum cleaner that you find in Indian households. It consists of a canister body holding the motor and container of dust. That further connects to the suction nozzle and hose.
Effortless to clean tough areas like heights and lower space such as under the bed.
- The best choice to clean the bare floors, under furniture, and stairs
- Some of the canister vacuum cleaners are good at cleaning the carpets
- Has better maneuverability than an upright vacuum cleaner
- Mostly these are silent
- Can be used for all-purpose
- Consist of a separate powerhead
- Tough to store
3. Upright vacuum cleaner
As the name suggests, you have to use it in an upright position without bending much. Well, speaking of its usage in India, then it is more famous in countries like the USA, UK. These vacuum cleaners have powerful suction and wide cleaning head of 15 inches or more.
Due to this, it is the best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hard floors. You can buy either it bag or bagless which makes it heavy.
- Cost-efficient than canister vacuums
- Ideal for deep cleaning, that makes it ideal for cleaning the carpets, specifically, bag model
- Easy to store, because it stands up on its own
- Ideal to clean hard floor, wood floor, and laminate
- Includes attachment that makes it ideal to clean under furniture
- Are nosier than the canister vacuum
- Without attachments, tough to reach low and narrow space
4. Robotic vacuum cleaner
If you are busy and want something to work for its own, then you can buy a robotic vacuum that operates itself and is cordless. It looks like a large plate that is a few inches tall. It works automatically as the time selected by you and runs all over the home to trap the debris and dust from the carpets and floor.
Generally, it has both brush roll and rotating sides that allow the vacuum cleaner to collect all the dirt and shoves it in the vacuum. In short, it is the best vacuum cleaner for home as it cleans carpets and hard floors, both.
- Allow you to relax as it works automatically
- Several vacuum cleaner has recharge and resume option, that means it can charge itself when needed then get back to work from the place it left
- Can be used as a touch up between the manual, and regular cleaning sessions
- Perfect models clean the tough areas and have extension cords
- Few latest models can be controlled with an app
- Can not match the deep cleaning performance like canister and upright vacuum cleaners
- Need time to adjust in your home map
- Not perfect option if you have shag carpets or rug area
- You have to follow guidelines such as empty the storage vessel
- Most importantly, these are costly
5. Central vacuum cleaner
It simply has a central body which need not be pulled wherever you go but carry the hose and powerhead. Besides, it is easy to use than the canister vacuum cleaner.
- No need to pull it in your home
- No requirement to clean the dirt chamber often
- Work quietly and peacefully
- Need storage space
- Need professional installation
- Does not includes storage space to store things
6. Handheld vacuum cleaner
Particularly, these are vacuum cleaner which you have to hold in your hands to clean. Hey! Do not worry, it is lightweight and handy and typically, most of them are cordless. Therefore, offers more portability.
I must say, it is the best vacuum cleaner in India as it cleans everything, from spills, dust from windowsills, to the couch, vents, car interior, and closets. Also, some can work on a wet surface.
- Buy accordingly as these are available with cord or cordless
- Clean everything
- Some design can be connected to the vehicle power outlet
- Handy and lightweight
- Includes attachment for a task like pet hair eradicating and cleaning of the mattress
- Can not replace canister or upright vacuum cleaner
- With cord, it is more powerful as compared to cordless
7. Steam mop
These are also termed as hard floor cleaners, and it is the best floor cleaner. To clean the floor, it uses hot water which converts into the steam which it releases from the nozzle head.
With that, it can be used on floors such as ceramic tiles, wood floor, linoleum, and vinyl. On the other hand, some of the steam mop cleaners can also work on the countertops, furniture, cleaning wall, and other above the floor areas.
Before using this, ensure that the mop head can effortlessly reach the areas which you want to clean. A mop with a small head is going to take too much to clean and swivel mops are best for deep cleaning. Second, to avoid prompt filling of the water reservoir, go for a big reservoir. At last, steam control is an important feature as not all the surfaces need the same level of steam.
- Remove dirt and stains
- As it uses hot water, it also kills the germs and bacteria
- The hard part of the traditional method of mopping
- Can be used to clean varied surfaces
Wet or dry vacuum/ commercial and garage vacuum
Commercial and garage vacuum cleaners clean all the mess created in the garage or commercial area, it could be dry or wet. That means it can clean dry and wet all types of debris and dust.
As these are being used to clean a whole lot, you might find them heavy and as portability is crucial for cleaning, sometimes these are mounted over the wheels. Particularly, these are made for heavy-duty cleaning and have an ensiled garbage storage cylinder.
FAQs On Vacuum Cleaner
What is the best vacuum cleaner for home use?
AmazonBasics is the best vacuum cleaner for home as it has a HEPA filter for clean air, it is of lightweight and does not need much of the space to store. To add, it is less noisy too. You can also consider Philips PowerPro.
How do I choose a vacuum for my house?
To choose a vacuum for your house you simply have to determine the size of the room, number of stairs, etc. Then, choose the type of vacuum you want. Further, analyze the warranty, weight, maintenance, and more. Most importantly, your budget.
Is vacuuming better than sweeping?
Yes, the vacuum could be better than sweeping if done correctly. As it traps all the dust and debris even fine particles.
What’s the best inexpensive vacuum cleaner?
The best inexpensive vacuum cleaner is Inalsa with that it has good features too, like swivel rotation wheels, less weight, and high filtration cloth bag.
So far, you have so many good options to buy a vacuum cleaner, that too at a low price. To be honest, if I have to buy one then, my choice would be either AmazonBascs or Karcher as these are not only inexpensive but have good features too.
But right now I’m using the Philips vacuum cleaner. It’s totally a value for money product. I’m using it from last 3 years. Still no issues.
What would be your choice? Which among the 7 best vacuum cleaner for home are you going to buy? And, why? Let me know in the comments below.
Also check: Latest & Best Refrigerators in India (Honest Reviews)!